27 May Our famous free food festival is back on the menu
Gloucester Quays Free Food Festival – Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th July
We are excited to announce that on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th July, the most popular food festival in the South West is back to cook up a storm at the Quays. If you love cooking or simply watching talented TV chefs show you how it’s done – this is ‘must save’ date for your diary!
In an open-air Cookery Theatre hosted on both days by chef, TV presenter and author Chris Bavin, live cookery sessions will feature a mouth-watering line up of celebrity chefs including:
• Alex Hollywood – Home cook and family food writer
• Joe Hurd – TV chef
• Eddie Scott – MasterChef 2022 Champion
• Jean Christophe Novelli – Michelin star chef
• Chef Philli – MasterChef finalist
• Dirty Vegan Matt Pritchard – TV presenter and author
Over the festival weekend, food lovers will be able to savour:
• A whole menu of live demos where great chefs reveal how to make their favourite dishes
• 150 stalls offering a selection of local food, quality produce and artisan crafts
• Pop up bar serving a selection of local brews and craft beer
• Some of the region’s best street-food
• Live music as they soak up the atmosphere
And the big part of the festival’s attraction is that it is completely free!
All the open-air events, displays and cookery sessions are free, so there are lots of things for visitors to see, do and taste. There is no need to buy tickets for the chef sessions or the Cookery Theatre, however, places for all events are first come, first served – and they go like hot cakes! So, it’s crucial to get to the festival early.
As well as lots of stalls tempting visitors with local food, drink and tasty street-food – waterside bars and restaurants like Bill’s, Brewhouse & Kitchen, Côte Brasserie, Portivo Lounge and Coal Kitchen will be serving their own freshly-cooked specialities and dishes.
And of course, at top brand stores like Le Creuset, Denby and ProCook, inspired shoppers can take home stylish cookware and accessories at up to 70% off the RRP.
The Gloucester Quays Free Food Festival is an unmissable foodie weekend with plenty of time to take it easy and give in to temptation.
Festival opening times
Saturday – The street-food stalls and pop-up bar will be open from 10am to 7pm and the Quay’s outlet stores between 10am and 7pm.
Sunday – The stalls, pub and outlet shops will be open 10am to 5pm.